With the massive development in IT sector the demand for Network Engineers also known as network architects has highly increased in India. This is one of the popular IT professions that one may opt for.
✅ Who are Network Engineers?
Network engineers have to curate ideas, execute and manage networks to make sure that they’re augmented and operative as intended. Once you become a network engineer, you will be responsible for a company’s IT system. At first place, where network technicians or IT administrators support with daily IT and troubleshooting tasks, network engineers have to take-up a whole new high-level challenge of creating and refining network systems. Finally, as per the need of the company, one has to form and execute troubleshooting issues, physical/wireless networks and work on integrating new technologies.
✅ What is the educational qualification required for Network Engineer Jobs?
- Bachelor’s Degree: Companies prefer to hire professionals who have engineering degrees from reputed institutes. It is crucial to attain a bachelor’s degree if you want to start a great career as a network engineer.
- Master’s Degree: There are a few companies that require candidates to take up MTech Or M.Sc.
✅ What are the certifications required to become a Network Engineer?
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- VMware Certified Professional: Network Virtualization
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Core Infrastructure
- Cisco Certified Network Associate: Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Level (CCNP): Routing and Switching
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2016
✅ What is the scope for Network Engineer Jobs?
The scope of network engineer jobs has increased in the present times because of the growing dependence of companies on computer networks or IT systems. So, companies keep looking for candidates who can help manage their IT infrastructure.
✅ What does a Network Engineer do?
- Network System Designing – Network Engineer may have to be responsible for generating a design for network. He has to understand the map-based blueprint layout of the building and has to keep budgets in mind. If the solution of networks is expected for multiple campuses, the network engineer must create a wide area network (WAN) for the company.
- Computer Network Manager – Network engineers make sure that communication for resource sharing is actively functional between all the computers, printers, servers, etc. in a network, as well as he must ensure internet connections. They have to make sure that there are fast and better connections, limited or no disruptions, and minimum downtime. Network engineers also have to cooperate with all users and outside vendors to manage the network.
- Staying Updated – Network engineers have to stay updated about new technology to ensure that they are able to work towards maintaining and protecting their company’s networks and understand the latest software.
- Managing Operation – Network engineers often have to take up the role of project manager in IT-related operations. They have to take the entire responsibility for the overall execution and working of these projects.
✅ What are various job roles that are available for Network Engineers?
✅ What are the skills required for Network Engineer Jobs?
- Critical Thinking: This is a very important skill that network engineer must have. He must use logic and rational reasoning to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, assumptions or approaches to complications.
- Listening Clearly: Listening carefully to the managers and supervisors and making notes whenever required. The Network Engineer must have structured questions to ask from seniors.
- Compound Problem Solving: It is important for a Network Engineer to recognize multifaceted problems and review related data to advance and evaluate choices and device solutions.
- Reading Comprehension: Should have ability to Understand written memos, emails and paragraphs in any office related documents.
- Progressive Decision Making: Keeping in mind the comparative costs, profits of possible actions and to select the most suitable one.
✅ What salary one may expect as Network Engineer?
- As an entry-level Network Engineer with less than 1 year of work experience one can expect to earn an average total Salary of ₹374,108.
- At early level of career Network Engineer with 1-4 years of work experience may earn an average total pay of ₹495,223.
- Reaching mid-career Network Engineer with 5-9 years of work experience may earn an average total salary of ₹610,775.
- As an experienced Network Engineer with 10-19 years of work experience one may draw an average total salary of ₹1,525,000.