HARMAN's engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you'll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do everyday.
About the Role
At HARMAN we know that effective collaboration and business agility are amongst the most critical success factors for delivering customer value.
You are working closely with our Software Project Leads (SW PM), our Software Integration team (BAID), our Software and System Architects, our Connectivity Test Center (CTC) and of course our Software Development team on day-to-day Software Integration topics.
You define the integration and branching strategy and ensure that software integration testing is part of our built-in-quality strategy. You ensure that we can deliver each day a well-tested piece of software to our customers. As best fit, you grew up in the Automotive Software Integration and you have hands-on skills to run day-to-day integration tasks by yourself.
You are sitting in the Software Integration driver's seat. With your deep process and technical knowledge, you share the vision to transform HARMAN into a state-of-the-art software company with best-in-class Software Integration Processes (CI/CD). You focus on efficiency and quality and help us to become the leading Automotive Electronics supplier focused on In-Cabin User Experience by 2030.
This position reports to the Director, Build and Integration Domain. As a single contributor, you work closely with your local and remote teams located in Romania, India, and Germany.
What You Will Do
- Ensure that best-in-class CI/CD (with automatic L1/L2 testing) is implemented for our projects.
- Develop Software Integration and Integration Testing Strategy aligned with project integration and project test strategy.
- Plan and setup Software Integration and Integration Test activities in the SW Integration and Integration test plan.
- Schedule Software Integration and Integration Testing activities (e.g., daily builds, weekly builds, etc.) in alignment to the domain milestone plan and project master milestone plan.
- Document and establish consistency and traceability between software integration test specifications and software design (alignment with project traceability concept).
- Document the regression testing approach in the project depending on the size and the complexity of the project.
- Approve and release software integration based on software integration test results.
- Communicate the results of Software Integration and Integration testing to the stakeholder.
- Define key metrics to monitor the process and evaluate the success.
- Monitor the processes during the entire lifecycle and define and implement improvement measures.
- Drive quality and process compliance to meet Automotive SPICE objectives (w/ focus to SWE.5).
- Take the Process Ownership for SWE.5 for the assigned projects and participate in internal or customer assessments.
- Review and prioritize issues pre/post-delivery with program management, software domain teams, and suppliers (internal and external).
- Ensure that the software domain team maintains a high level of competence and operational excellence.
- Develop process improvements (tailoring) to achieve cost-effectiveness and timesaving.
- Drive the build-in-quality and development test approach across software development, integration, and testing.
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent related field.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering.
- Good knowledge and technical understanding of Continuous Build (Jenkins) and Version Control Systems (git/Gerrit).
- Vision and passion to implement and continuously improve our Software Integration and Test strategy.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Well organized, good at understanding the big picture.
- Strong team player with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Basic understanding of system and software architecture.
- Basic knowledge of the Automotive SPICE process assessment model (PAM).
What is Nice to Have
- M.Eng. and/or MBA
- Automotive and/or software development experience
- Software Integration and Integration Test experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2
What Makes You Eligible
- Having good attention to details and good analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and passionate about technology
- Fast learner, able to process and summarize, correctly, large amounts of information.
Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills