Qualcomm ChinaJob Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group Software Engineering
Qualcomm is the leading hardware/software provider for mobile AR/VR platforms. Qualcomm's China XR team is seeking software engineers with expertise in XR Android Multimedia frameworks/Image Processing/Computer Vision/SLAM/etc. who will work with top developers building next generation mobile XR platforms. You will be expected to provide end-to-end ownership for various development activities. We are seeking a creative, self-motivated problem-solver with a passion for creating great VR/AR products.
- Embedded system&OS knowledge, and DSP/ARM architecture
- Familiar with Android multimedia frameworks/HAL and Android developing environment&tools
- Experience/Knowledge in any area of Image Processing/CV/SLAM/etc.
- Proficiency in C++ and/or C programming. Java/Python/SIMD programming is a plus.
- Good analytical and debugging skills
- Familiar with code control tools such as GIT, Gerrit, Perforce, SVN, etc.
- Self-motivated, willingness to expand skill sets and strong research capability on new technology
Any of following areas is a plus:
- Experience with Qualcomm Snapdragon platforms
- Experience with VR/AR platform and SDK development on Android or Windows or Linux
- Experience with power/performance optimization based on Android platform
- Experience with VR controller, 3DOF/6DOF tracking, SLAM mapper, Hand/Body tracking, etc.
- Experience with OpenGL programming, Game Engine based game content development.
- Experience with solving computer vision tasks using Machine Learning approaches
- Experience with machine learning toolboxes (e.g. Caffe, TensorFlow, or PyTorch)
. Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to mile.
. Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
. Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
. Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
. Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.Minimum Qualifications:
. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
. 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact .