Digital Hub China in Nanjing attracts, grows, and develops passionate people who will meaningfully impact the digital future of BASF. Come join us and be a part of our digitalization journey.
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. Global Digital Services is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our mission is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture.
The product team Network Segregation is responsible for managing & maintaining BASF Firewall Security infrastructure within cloud and on-premise environments including Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention and improvement of its security by implementing appropriate security concepts.
In case of an incident, it ensures restoring normal application services as quickly as possible and minimize adverse impact on operations including Problem management, Incident management, Change management (incl. small business requests) and continuous Service improvement (CSI). The product team ensures the integration of their services in the delivery network (contains operational supplier management) incl. technical gate keeping and including identifying, control, record, report, audit and verify Configuration Items (CIs), including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes, relationships and hierarchies. Defines handling and escalation of operational security breaches. The entity is responsible for the full lifecycle of the BASF Firewall Security infrastructure within cloud and on-premises environments including Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention landscape incl. consult, design and build.
Consulting and customer support
Support for Junior & System Engineers within the team, also across other product teams
Responsible for design, build, configuration and operation of complex IT systems (Hardware/Software) in mid- to large-size enterprise security environment
Manage end-to-end delivery of global, regional and local IT Infrastructure projects and change requests
Responsible for business-oriented and operative management of external service providers incl.
o Steer contractors on operating level
o Train (onboard) contractors
Designing, introduction and optimization of operational processes and services in your area of expertise
Monitoring compliance with SLAs, KPIs, OLAs in close cooperation with internal specialist units and ensure documentation and quality assurance of service fulfillment
Service documentation, design and planning
continuous service improvements
Processing of requirements, changes and incidents
On-call duty and availability corresponding to existing SLA agreements
Service- / Product- Ownership for sub-products
- TCP/IPTLS HTTP
- Bachelor degree in Business IT (University, BA, university of applied sciences)
- Minimum 5+ years job experience in security operations within mid- & large-size enterprise environments
- Technical career preferably in information technologies, telecommunications technologies, process control technology, communication technologies
- Intermediate to professional English skills mandatory Standard Mandarin required as minimum
- Good knowledge in firewall security infrastructure within cloud and on-premise environments and the underlying security- technologies
- Good knowledge in developing / designing of concepts and guidelines in the mentioned areas for mid- and large-size enterprises
- Experienced in implementing and operating of firewall security solutions including necessary processes and guidelines
- Good knowledge in leading products to protect cloud and on-prem environments
- Good competency in consulting customers / business partners, to define the appropriate demand within the security area and presenting of the results
- Good ability to gain competence in new assignment areas quickly and independently covering new technologies, methods and skills is essential
- Applicants need high developed knowledge in advanced protocol knowledge in TCP/IP, TLS and HTTP, as well as a very strong background in network and server administration with a strong security focus in large-scale enterprise environments
- Applicants should have extraordinary analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills and a high level of self-reliance. Out of the box thinking is desirable to understand and eliminate complexity and to find innovative solutions for complex problems
- Applicants must be fluent in English and be willing and able to work as part of a globally spread, virtual team. Strong will and ability to communicate within and outside the team, e.G. With end users, is key.
Nice to have
O AWS, Azure, Ali Baba
O Palo AltoPrisma AccessPanoramaGlobal Protect
Additional product knowledges and/or experiences are desirable
O Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Ali Baba) ,
O Checkpoint Products (Firewalls, Identity Awareness)
O Palo Alto Products (Next Generation Firewalls, Prisma Access, Panorama, Global Protect)
O Security Orchestration Tools (e.g. TUFIN)
O Experienced in troubleshooting within complex network environments (routing, switching, MPLS, tagging, VLAN, VPC etc.)
O operational vendor management expertise
O programming languages for scripting and automation purposes
1100002020 590 www.basf.com
Digital Hub China was founded in 2020 in Nanjing. As part of the Global Digital Hub Verbund, the hub is rapidly growing with a target of a three-digit number of employees in coming years. Focused on digitalization and innovative IT solutions to enhance BASF's IT portfolio and expertise in China, it brings an all-around capable team of digital talents to create solutions in the context of China's unique digital landscape to BASF. It also contributes to the smart manufacturing endeavors for the new mega project in Zhanjiang.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of 59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Center is based in Malaysia, we may reach you via Malaysia phone number.