Digital Hub China in Nanjing attracts, grows, and develops passionate people who will meaningfully impact the digital future of BASF. Come join us and be a part of our digitalization journey.
The LIMS product team serves the Laboratory Data Management Demand of all BASF Lab Communities in R&D and beyond. Our main focus in laboratory digitalization is on tailored laboratory workflows and processes. Our goal is seamless tracking of all relevant data related to samples with high quality and ensured reproducible of results.
As a senior specialist Digitalization, you will support and expand highly efficient Laboratory Data Management Systems (e.g .LIMS, ELN, CDS ect.) in cooperation with external and internal teams. You support and advise our partners on complex IT application issues as well as on the digitization and automation of laboratory processes.
- You will be part of different DevOps teams that develop Lab Data Management solutions for chemists in R&D or QA/QC, and in close interaction with external suppliers
- You will actively participate in the development, support and maintenance of applications used in our Lab Communities
- As a senior specialist digitalization, you will support and expand specific system configurations as well as the creation of interfaces for cross system communication
- You drive and support the analysis of business requirements and propose suitable implement proposals.
- You provide basic configurations on application server (e.g JBOSS) and as well as on Linux OS based installations.
- Java/jspOracleSQL Server
- You have at least 5+ years of practical experience in the support of IT systems in the laboratory area. In particular, Laboratory Data Management Systems (LIMS) e.g. LabVantage, LabWare, or equivalent
- You have good presentation and communication skills
- You are experienced in documentation of application design, web services, workflows.
- You value user satisfaction driven by excellent user experience.
- You feel comfortable talking to end users and empathizing with their needs.
- You have a growth mindset with a curiosity to learn and improve to foster a positive and energized culture.
- You thrive working as part of a remote and international team.
- You are strong in understanding of application server (e.g. JBOSS) and experience in working with Linux or Windows-based software packages and tools.
- Familiarity with working in Java/jsp, with a consolidate knowledge of database (e.g. Oracle or SQL Server).
- Experience in supporting laboratory processes and/or measuring device and instrument connection (e.g., RS232, Ethernet, Modbus protocols).
- Good English communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in Labeling and Reporting Tools e.g., Bartender or Jasper Reports or Crystal Report.
- A knowledge of working in regulated environments (e.g., GLP, GMP, ISO17025, CNAS)
- Project management experience / PMP.
1100002020 590 www.basf.com
Digital Hub China was founded in 2020 in Nanjing. As part of the Global Digital Hub Verbund, the hub is rapidly growing with a target of a three-digit number of employees in coming years. Focused on digitalization and innovative IT solutions to enhance BASF's IT portfolio and expertise in China, it brings an all-around capable team of digital talents to create solutions in the context of China's unique digital landscape to BASF. It also contributes to the smart manufacturing endeavors for the new mega project in Zhanjiang.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of 59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Center is based in Malaysia, we may reach you via Malaysia phone number.