Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Lead Consultant Specialist.
Business: Markets & Sec Services IT
- Act as senior tech leader, leading certain domain inside or outside department, e.g. database, server side API, frontend, Infra, security, business domain, UX etc.
- Provide solutions to difficult problems and helping to deliver them as part of the team
- Deliver code to production as part of the team
- Grow other devs to be tech expert, here we are talking about not only devs in the immediate team, but also cross teams inside or outside the department
- Work with business stakeholder and PO when required and ensure the requirement is fully understood and able to break down the requirement to small deliverable items
- Work out the delivery roadmap and MVP and ensure the team focus to get incremental value in production
- Manage the technocal debt proactively and ensure the security and vulnerability be handled well
- Continue to improve and grow the team
- Share best practice across teams
- Expert in any of these domains, e.g. database, server side API, frontend, Infra, security, business domain, UX etc.
- Explain complicated tech problem in a way easier to understand and willing to share experience
- Cintinue improving things
- Take risks when required
- Be challenging and lead as example to push things forward
What additional skills will be good to have
. HTTP and related technologies, such as REST principles
. Experience writing global systems, dealing with concurrency etc
. Software security principles
. Automated testing
. Foundational HTML5, e.g. ES6 and CSS
. Experience with relational databases
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational universal bank and financial services holding company. It is the largest bank in Europe by total assets ahead of BNP Paribas, with US$2.953 trillion as of December 2021. In 2021, HSBC had $10.8 trillion in assets under custody (AUC) and $4.9 trillion in assets under administration (AUA), respectively.HSBC traces its origin to a hong in British Hong Kong, and its present form was established in London by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company in 1991; its name derives from that company's initials. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation opened branches in Shanghai in 1865 and was first formally incorporated in 1866.