Define key responsibilitiesto reflect the duties and responsibilities of this role.
- The role holder is responsible for assurance data management framework implementation quality in function.
- The role holder manages data quality improvement project and new data elements collection from product/ other biz & regulatory requirements.
- The role holder is accountable for functional data leverage in business revenue driven/ risk monitoring/ processing automation.
Risk, Governance and Control
- Act as the [biz/function] SPOC to drive compliance with bank&rsquos Data Management Policy/Standards and relevant China Laws & Regulations.
- Be responsible to align functional Data Architecture Management with country and group functions, follow group Data Security Management.
- Support Data Domain Owners on data quality management within the [function] to meet downstream data users SLAs.
- Define and document Meta-data/ Critical Data Element/ data SLA/ etc. and train-up in the function in data
- management. Manage the inventory of all belonging biz/function critical data elements, including their data documentation, key risks and data quality remediation plan.
- Act as [biz/function] representative to implement China data strategy.
- Act as the biz/function SPOC to implement regulatory reports automation.
- Support BAU to improve Data Operation workflow efficiency and correctness.
- Act as the biz/function SPOC to drive group privacy standards, records management, data sovereignty and AI Ethics.
- Be responsible to functional Data Management self-assessment by annually at least, according to group Data Management Policy and Standard.
- Be in charge of Data utilization in and cross the functions for revenue generation and risk management (or cost saving, etc).
- Work closely with functional head to improve Data Management quality basing on self-assessment and country/ group's DGF further advices.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Identify, assess, mitigate, monitor and report risks and issues, providing timely updates to functional head and country DGF.
- Ensure artefacts are audit ready at all times and are stored (and appropriately protected / controlled) in the correct document repositories.
- Ensure compliance with all governance frameworks where there are direct touch points with them or any subsequent downstream influence from country EXCO Team.
Our Ideal CandidateKNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
About Standard Chartered
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst/ function risk manager/ product manager etc. In-depth knowledge of analysis tools, methodology and best practice. A track record of success in applying structured analysis expertise on assigned projects/ products/ regulatory reporting.
- Strong communication skills oral, written and presentation. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy. English frequently in oral and written.
- A proven ability to work independently, solve problems and make balanced judgments / decisions.
- Pragmatic, quality-focused approach. A proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and challenge appropriately.
- Market Knowledge: awareness and understanding of the wider business in which the organization operates awareness and understanding of technology trends.
- Business Strategy and Model: awareness and understanding of the organization business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Risk Management and Control: proven ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the organization and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- A team player multi-culturally aware with proven success working with cross-functional project teams under global context.
- End to end project lifecycle knowledge and experience.
- Be adept at using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project and SharePoint. Skill on Big Data Analysis tool is preferred, e.g. Hadoop, Python, SAS.
- Have background/ experience in banking industry, specially in domains of regulatory reporting/ audit/ Credit/ Product/ Biz Planning/ Ops/ Finance/ system development.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website