- As buyer for interior and high-voltage components , you will be central contact for all commercial and sourcing activities of local projects in cooperation with our development, product team, project team, legal and JV partners, etc..
- You need to ensure the creation of RFQ collecting comprehensive input from internal partners.
- You will carry out short visits to potential suppliers, develop and align sourcing strategies, lead negotiations, support nominations and contracts.
- You will need to create and work on a local market map of those Chinese suppliers, with their technical trends and capabilities, to ensure the full competition.
- A close collaboration with the procurement organization in Germany, cost planning function, quality engineers, development department and the Joint Venture is part of your daily work.
- Support Mercedes-Benz supplier development, strategies alignment, nomination and contract for supplier base optimization.
- Working together with JV purchasing department, JV operation and cost control department, Engineering department and other project related departments for sourcing, cost optimization, contract negotiation and change management.
- Communication with suppliers, handling issues with high complexity, holding technical workshops and discuss technical driven issues with engineers in China from purchasing point of view.
- Supplier management, screening, evaluation and continuous improvement of purchasing process.
- Prepare and present decision and sourcing documents to management meetings.Qualifications
1. Bachelor or above degree in Automotive, Engineering, Software area.
2. Minimal 3 years working experiences in procurement area, autonomous driving and connectivity related experiences with OEMs or high tech companies is preferred.
3. Good knowledge of autonomous driving software architecture, or connectivity ecosystem, as well good understanding of the related markets and technologies
4. Strong communication and negotiation capabilities.
5. Continuous self-motivation, proactive spirit, quick learning skills and agility in daily job are highly preferred
6. Strong teamwork spirit and skills to work with multiple internal stakeholders
7. Good English (speaking and writing) language skill, able to read/write/speak German is preferred.
Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG (formerly Daimler Financial Services and Daimler Mobility) is the global financial and mobility services provider of the Mercedes-Benz Group. The company finances, leases and insures Daimler Group passenger cars and commercial vehicles, optimizes fleets of commercial customers and offers banking and credit/debit cards services in more than 40 countries.Additionally, a key part of today's business is its mobility services with more than 70 million users registered for the company's mobility services.Mercedes-Benz Mobility is based in Stuttgart, with more than 12,000 employees (2019). The total value of all financing and leasing contracts managed by the company exceeds €154 billion as of 2018