- As the topic lead, you will need to demonstrate the performance of the team, and reprensent certain leadership to coordinate and influence the team to the best contribution.
- You will be central contact for all commercial and sourcing activities of local projects in cooperation with our development, product team, cost engineering, RD, quality, legal and JV partners, etc..
- You need to ensure the creation of RFQ collecting comprehensive input from internal partners.
- You will carry out short visits to potential suppliers, develop and align sourcing strategies, lead negotiations, support nominations and contracts.
- You will need to create and work on a local market map of those Chinese suppliers, with their technical trends and capabilities, to ensure the full competition.
- Lead Mercedes-Benz procurement tasks on supplier development, strategies alignment, nomination and contract for supplier base optimization.
- Lead skillful communication with JV purchasing department, JV operation and cost control department, Engineering department and other project related departments for sourcing, cost optimization, contract negotiation and change management.
- Lead commodity function in the team, and coach team members with knowledge transfer.
- Communication with suppliers, handling issues with high complexity, holding technical workshops and discuss technical driven issues with engineers in China from purchasing point of view.
- Supplier management, screening, evaluation and continuous improvement of purchasing process.
- Prepare and present decision and sourcing documents to management meetings.Qualifications
- Bachelor or above degree in Automotive, Engineering or Management and Administration area.
- Minimal 8 years working experiences in procurement relevant fields. Electronics, batteries related experiences with OEMs or high tech companies is preferred.
- Significant knowledge of procurement process and cost structures of supplier parts. Deep understanding of markets and technologies for HV battery, and relevant electronic/mechanic components is preffered
- Strong communication and negotiation capabilities, active and able to work under pressure.
- Proven capability in problem solving, and proven experience in leading people
- Strong self-motivation, proactive spirit, quick learning skills and agility in daily job are highly preferred
- Strong teamwork skills to work with multiple internal stakeholders
- Excellent English (speaking and writing) language skill, able to read/write/speak German is preferred. Good computer skills (Microsoft office etc.)
Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG (formerly Daimler Financial Services and Daimler Mobility) is the global financial and mobility services provider of the Mercedes-Benz Group. The company finances, leases and insures Daimler Group passenger cars and commercial vehicles, optimizes fleets of commercial customers and offers banking and credit/debit cards services in more than 40 countries.Additionally, a key part of today's business is its mobility services with more than 70 million users registered for the company's mobility services.Mercedes-Benz Mobility is based in Stuttgart, with more than 12,000 employees (2019). The total value of all financing and leasing contracts managed by the company exceeds €154 billion as of 2018