- Responsible for delivering excellent client service and product advice (CASH) for a select portfolio of Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) Premier clients in all interactions for their post transactional enquiries, complaints, and other service-related issues.
- Acts as the in-country primary contact person for a portfolio of Premier clients and internal staff for advice, enquiries, complaints and any other service issues.
- Build strong relationship and rapport with clients at the transactional and operational level.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards.
- Identify opportunities for increasing clients product utilisation, smoother operations and optimising channel usage through analysis of client data, proactive transaction monitoring using available tools.
- Deliver product / channel training and advisory.
- As a service partner, work together with RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients.
Business, Strategy, Operations & Infrastructure:
- Primary point of contact for portfolio of Premier clients for professional advice, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors.
- Provide the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, so as to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients.
- Responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery.
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide end-to-end query resolution to client satisfaction.
- Ensure that client SLAs are met.
- Responsible for effective service recovery process through complaint logging and handling.
- Maintain a professional SCB image through all interactions with clients.
- Log and manage all service interactions (enquiries, complaints, incidents, client visits etc.) within GEMS and or other relevant systems to ensure that client data is captured and available for client insights / analysis and identification of improvement initiatives.
- Proactively join in improvement hour, working on new working way.
- Identify and assist PS team manager in the implementation of service and efficiency improvement initiatives and facilitate transfer of best practice.
Governance & Risk Management:
- Leverage on metrics and client insights to understand Premier clients needs, and continually identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilisation and optimising channel usage, up-selling and cross-selling etc.
- Monitor Premier client transactions using available tools and selectively intervene, coordinating with various units and clients to ensure that transactions are processed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Front Office Teams/SSMs as product service specialist in country.
- Participate in periodic Service Reviews for Premier clients.
- Review service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service standards.
- On a selective basis, attend sales calls with Relationship Managers (RM), Product Sales, other Front Office Teams and SSMs to sell our service capabilities and/or resolve clients operational and service issues.
- Provide pro-active client updates.
- Deliver product / channel training to Premier clients within the portfolio.
- Make proactive calls on Premier clients to improve the utilisation level of facilities, increase transaction volume, and identify opportunities for channels and referrals for the business.
- Build trusted partnerships with clients at the daily transactional / operational level.
- Proactive management and end to end ownership of client complaints and incidents, through close collaboration with various internal stakeholders, whilst providing regular updates to clients as well as internal partners such as RMs, Product Sales, other Front Office Teams and SSMs.
Business Continuity Management:
- Support team manager to ensure that material and generic operational risks for CMO are identified, monitored and reported to relevant governance forums in branch and country.
- Challenge processes, procedures and policy where there is a more effective way to do things. Escalate issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the CMO Process Management Team.
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct. Embrace a robust culture to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Help vet suspicious money laundering cases, where necessary, before sending them to Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
Daily work must comply with the Money Laundering Prevention Requirement and the Code of Conduct. Shall be alert at all times to unusual or possible suspicious customer activity, and should report promptly any suspicious activity.
- Comply with Operational Risk Framework for client service processes including but not limited to client identification, complaints and enquiry handling.
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
People and Talent:
- Be familiar with BCP plan and test periodically.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Embrace bank cultures and values.
- Embrace change in mindset and live in culture of client centricity, agility.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Monitor the effective communication and implementation of regulatory changes.
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct, to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions the Group&rsquos policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Ensure all within direct reporting hierarchy are compliant with all laws, regulations, guidelines, Group policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Regional Operation Manager, TB, CCIB, GBS .
About Standard Chartered
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group&rsquos internal and external reputation.
- Promote the Group&rsquos brand and Here for good with team members, clients and regulators.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including regulators and staffs per needed basis.
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements on individual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
- Daily work must comply with the Money Laundering Prevention Requirement and the Code of Conduct. Accountable for implementing.
- Shall be alert at all times to unusual or possible suspicious customer activity, and should report promptly any suspicious activity.
- To ensure adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies (including anti-money laundry, sanction, anti-bribery & corruption and relevant FCC risks) and Group Code of Conduct.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website