Who We Are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
Beyond The Paycheck (Benefits & Perks)
At lululemon, we care for and invest in the whole person - body, mind, spirit. Our total rewards program is designed to support you in achieving your goals and focus on the things you love. In addition to competitive base pay and a team-based bonus program, we also offer paid time off, generous employee discounts, fitness/yoga classes, parenthood top up program and personal and professional development programs.
Note: availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
The Assistant Store Manager role is an essential part of the store leadership team, impacting team member and guest experience every day. Assistant Store Managers are responsible for leading and coaching team members, holding the team accountable to results, and ensuring an outstanding guest experience in the store. Assistant Store Managers also are responsible for accomplishing administrative and operations focused activities, including floor management and scheduling.
Core Responsibilities of the Job
Leadership and People Management
Support Store Manager in building a strong and diverse team that includes team members with various experiences, backgrounds, and skillsets to drive store operations. Foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and guests. Support the store's recruiting and hiring process, onboarding training, and overall performance management activities. Support ongoing learning and development of team members (i.e., Educators and Key Leaders) consistently and equitably by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and career path guidance, and addressing performance concerns. Provide team member recognition, gap assessment, and overall performance documentation to support and reinforce career and personal growth. Collaborate with Store Manager to plan and prepare team member schedule according to labor requirements, availability, and budget considerations.
Working with Others
Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members, focusing on personal and professional development. Collaborate with team members to ensure an optimal guest experience that values guests time and support store operations.
Guest Experience and Community
Support team members (e.g., leading by example or coaching) to ensure a great guest experience, including assessing guest needs, providing technical product educations, and supporting in-store transactions and omnichannel programs. Dynamically provide coverage on the floor to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests. Resolve guest feedback and address emergent issues, including guest escalations and emergency requests, helping to make it right for guests. Establish and maintain local relationships with ambassadors, sweat leaders, and other external partners by identifying, selecting, training, and facilitating relationship building with guests and team to increase brand awareness and engage with diverse community resources and programs.
Partner with Store Manager to review business data and metrics (e.g., profit and loss [P&L] statement) to inform planning processes and drive sales (e.g., quarterly business review and sales planning) and manage store's budget, labor hours, expenses, and P&L statement. Implement the Store Manager's vision for the store and cascade to team members. Provide salesfloor leadership to team members, including planning salesfloor coverage and making decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of salesfloor operations. Open and close the store in accordance with the opening and closing checklists. Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures, perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations to maintain a safe work environment.
Accountable for delegated aspects of controllable budget and labor hours
Team lead role indirectly responsible for subset of store employees during shift or as delegated by Store Manager
What We Look For
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead, influence, and inspire others motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with and supports others to achieve goals seeks partnerships and diverse perspectives
- Adaptability/Agility: Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Decision Making: Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions
- Strategic Thinking: Sets strategies that are aligned to vision and values of the company to achieve goals/vision/further the mission considers the big picture implications of decisions
- Resilience: Remains persistent recovers quickly from setbacks
- Legally eligible to work in the jurisdiction of the store which you are assigned to.
- Willing to work a flexible and reasonable schedule according to the needs of the business.
Other Willingness Requirements
- Willing to work as part of a team and complete work independently
- Willing to move through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work
2 years work experience in leadership or people management
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have not required)
- Education: College school diploma, equivalent or above.
- Experience: 2 years retail or sales specific management experience.
Applicants successful in progressing to an interview will be contacted by a Manager. Please note any applicant or employee who believes they need reasonable accessibility support to perform the essential duties of the job is welcome to discuss this with the Manager when arranging the interview.