PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Build strong category presence in China
- Drive investment effectiveness and efficiency
- Train and develop young talents in Marketing
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES (and supporting activities):
1. Brand Strategy and Category Management
- Work with the Group Commercial team to develop the New product launch plan and commercial innovation
- Assess the business performance of category and work with sales team to develop joint strategies for these categories.
- Develop and drive initiatives and campaigns designed to deliver the requisite pull/category & share growth
- Master the basics but also deliver fresh thinking look at innovative ways to reach our audiences to ensure that Dyson own the categories.
- Manage the category P&L, through a full understanding of product lines, and stimulate demand.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders in Group to ensure alignment on plans.
- Work cross functionally with relevant business stakeholders such as Field Sales, National Accounts, ecommerce, digital, trade, PR, to deliver on opportunities.
- Build up social planning for category
Development and implementation of communication strategy and program
- Provide local insights to Group commercial team and COE creative / media team to drive relevance of communication.
- Work with claims & performance team to define performance claims that resonates with local consumer insight, develop compelling category proposition. Leverage & influence C&P team to engage with local government and standard body in category standard development process
- Develop, integrate and drive alignment on communication plan by effectively working with Digital, PR, Creative and Retail marketing teams to drive the agenda for experiential marketing and social media.
- Ensure owned creative assets follow Dyson guideline and gain approval from Group/COE.
Build, develop and promote an effective team
- Inspire, lead and motivate a team of 5-6 brand managers, assistant brand managers and brand executives
- Develop and upskill the team on the jobs and through regular feedback, 1:1s, agreed objectives
- Manage talent and succession plans.
- Inspire a passion for our product within the brand managers and the wider China team.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
Working with global stakeholders
- Work closely with Group Marketing and COE to influence global decisions to meet China requirements
- Support his/her team to ensure that they can communicate effectively throughout the organisation both locally and at Group level.
Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Integrity honest, transparent and always present the best interest of the company
- Passionate to own the business and envision him/herself to be a General Manager in future (instead of branding/creative ownership) identify growth opportunity/key business issues, translate it into strategy and implementation.
- Passion for people has warmth and positive energy to connect to others
- Self-motivating and resilient in a stressful environment
- Discipline deliver his/her promise
Candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong strategic thinking.
- Strong persuasive communication and influence skill.
- Great team player who effectively work with stakeholders in China, COE and Global
- Ability to engage and motivate people.
- Effective time and project management
- Anticipate the challenge in execution and develop plan and tracking tool to deliver execution excellence
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds dont think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.