Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance.
Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as aFull Stack Engineering.
- Automate product building, testing, packaging, deployment, verification and documentation
- Create and maintain code in-line with Software Engineering best practice via as well as infrastructure code improvements
- Strategise and develop Managed File Transmissions (and DigiBA) solutions on cloud
- Meet the delivery standards as per the agreement that includes quality of deliverables, appropriate documentation
- Serve as expert in area of responsibility, identifies process improvements and problem prevention, and advises department and management of relevant information as appropriate
- Maintain awareness of business and technology strategies and implements technical alternatives and strategies to gain competitive advantage
- Contribute towards mentoring of the resources, enhancing their technical ability, guiding them for new processes and procedures, mentoring for competency preparations
- Lead one or more technical business application areas and projects of high complexity or criticality
- Understand the set objectives and work collaboratively with the team to achieve organizational goals
- Working with disparate and demanding client groups
- Partner with DevOps team to enable automated infrastructure delivery, DevSecOps value streams are executed and CI /CD pipelines to deploy services
- For large systems, prepare cost/benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications
- Remain current on technical and professional advances and business strategies regarding area of responsibility
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working
- Knowledge of CICD pipeline practices and Microservices
- Expertise in cloud and DevOps, familiar to network (VPC) and firewall on cloud, cloud SQL, iAM, cloud costing
- Experience with automated software build, packaging, deployment, testing and verification on AWS/GCP cloud platform
- Solid knowledge on infrastructure like Linux OS, networking, storage, load-balancer, etc
- The passion and ability to lead/motivate and develop technologist, including mentoring and coaching
- Leading and delivering change to processes and systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices
- Knowledge of API Gateway (e.g. Kong, Apigee)
- Expertise in docker, k8s, service mesh
- Experience of system management tools e.g. SCCM, PUPPET, ANSIBLE
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong sense of do the right thing in relation to standards and governance
- The ability to manage self workload, set and meet customer expectations
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols (e.g. sFTP, FTPS, C:D, AS2, HTTPS) and products
- Knowledge of cryptography / key management (SSL/TLS, SSH, PGP/GPG etc.) and data security
- Experience of integrating, or utilizing, DevOps tools in conjunction with cloud platform e.g. Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, etc
- Familiarity with JSON, XML, YAML, Python or similar code
- Competent Windows/Linux script creation and implementation
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Knowledge of Agile ways of working e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- Team management experience is preferred but not essential
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.