The Structured Solutions Development team (SSD) is the Industries team within TB Trade and Working capital. This is a global team led by global industry leads and transactors in each region lead deals and may work across sectors. Transactors may work across multiple sectors and are for responsible for designing, negotiating, structuring and delivering non-vanilla / bespoke solutions to our client base using a range of products within SCB and from external partners, as appropriate, for large client groups. Solutions developed are compliant with the Bank&rsquos policies and procedures, regulatory framework. They report regionally to the regional leads and functionally to the global industry leads for the sector in which they have a deal.
Solutions Development & Delivery
- As a core and senior member of the team, contribute actively to the global SSD strategy and plan for successful execution of the strategy in the region.
- Create a uniform identity and experience for our clients in the industry and account for the regional nuances.
- As the key and senior member of the trade team, help in setting the course and strategy for the Trade business.
- Work with the coverage and product teams to deliver the agreed targets.
Financial Management Product P/L Management
- Based on the broader understanding of industry and solution, help the originating teams and client to identify opportunities or situations. Engage consultatively to create optionality and solutions for clients and convert them into successful deals which help solve for client need.
- Deals of the following nature are typical of an SSD engagement:
- bespoke sell down/insurance/club deal/Syndications/ ECA arrangements
- structured e-commerce / marketplace solutions
- Bespoke or Complex RS, Supply chain finance, BBTL, syndicated/distributed Supplier Finance and pre-payment structures, EPC financing, long tenor deals
- Deliver budget, through active management of:
Market Management & Commercialization
- Revenue (existing and new revenue streams) [FY 2023 %24 M]
- No of deals executed / No of unique clients for which deals executed
- Returns (i.e. product profitability) [ROE / RORWA] at a deal or client level.
- Identifies new business opportunities and revenue pools whilst articulating how the product capabilities can solve for client needs and requirements
- Actively mitigates identified business pain points, by evaluating pragmatic solutions that have wide applicability
- Lead solution identification and brainstorming sessions with client facing teams (TB Sales, RMs, CF teams, Industry teams) to generate leads
- Engages in, replication of deals across the client space where relevant, best practice sharing and education of clients on use of sophisticated solutions to meet their needs
- Leverage experience and industry knowledge to provide business solutions for complex deals or RFPs to drive sales and solutions
- Meets and engages clients to understand their needs or to provide solutions for their explicit or implicit needs using a consultative sales approach.
- help with wider adoption of sustainable financing within trade and working capital finance
Click here to enter text.Leadership, People and Talent
- Demonstrate leadership in the team (even where there is no direct reporting lines) by providing expert guidance to the Director level transactors, in identifying opportunities/ solutions for clients, mitigating risks and articulating effectively to risk teams, ensuring process risk issues are identified and minimised.
- Using the broad expertise influence sales and product teams to deliver the priorities
- Provide advisory, constructive challenge and thought leadership perspectives on a range of opportunities and challenges in country and across the markets
- To be able to articulate to the client, risk and other relevant teams on how a proposed solutions meets client needs, enable it to be more efficient, enable it to grow and scale its business, mitigate its risks and how it helps in a wider investor participation for a financing where required.
- Has comprehensive or wide knowledge of legal aspects linked to an instrument, debt, security in the relevant jurisdictions local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to stay ahead of the regulatory change agenda and/or how it affects the solutions.
- Takes the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational, and ethical matters by providing proactive advice to clients and sales teams
- Ensures adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations
- Ensure appropriate TB inputs are incorporated in credit memo / Term sheet / Pre-Screening review, etc
- Actively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters for the region and delivery mechanisms relevant for the industry globally, in a timely manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Demonstrate accountability for all product related risks for deals and solutions executed for clients in the region by ensuring the right governance standards are applied and provides guidance even when there is ambiguity
- Identifies and mitigates operational, credit, regulatory, legal, fraud and risks in the processes via a business Conduct lens.
- Ensures the relevant approvals (including compliance with relevant deal review guidelines) for a transaction or client engagement are sought and can be produced for an audit review at any point in time
- Takes the lead to ensure compliance, AML and FCC risk and applies appropriate risk mitigation processes
- Displays exemplary conduct and lives by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Takes personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Responsible to meet the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identifies, escalates, mitigates and resolves risk, conduct and compliance issues.
Strong coverage/relationship management and credit analysis experience of the clients in China
Have led and delivered bespoke transactions for at least 3-5 years with good experience and delivering complex products (including syndicated deals and structured trade finance transactions) and demonstrate transactional leadership skills.
Total years of experience 12+ years
Strong risk analysis skills
Articulation and brevity while knowing the details is a key
Multi cultural and geography experience is a positive
Professional level Mandarin proficiency is mandatory
Strong communication skills in English languageKey Stakeholders
GIG Industry lead, SSD Global Industry lead, Relationship managers and TB sales teams and their country and regional heads, Regional head SSD, Trade/Cash Product Cluster Head, CCO/SCO Risk, Heads of Legal and CFCCOur Ideal Candidate
Core Credit and Risk Management Certification completed or to be completed within 12 months of joining the team.About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website