About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Understanding of Client
Revenue and TB Drivers
- Deep understanding of clients business needs, footprint and decision-making process.
- Owns TB Client Map and Account Plan commitments.
- Deep understanding of client treasury management needs, ecosystem and supply chain.
- Build full access to cash management and trade finance decision makers through active client calling including treasury, procurement and sales centres, strategic sourcing, export teams, structured financing teams, channel / distribution management teams.
- Build access at operating level in the client shop.
- Complete ownership of client level revenue for Cash and Trade.
- Complete ownership of the assigned portfolio&rsquos Driver levels.
- Manage the execution through to revenue realisation as per scorecard metric.
- Pro-actively lead Cash and Trade opportunity development with the CCIB team.
- Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline and deal review policies.
- Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
- Input into BCA&rsquos via Product Conditions for assigned portfolio.
- Facility structuring for Trade deals, working with SST and other key stakeholders where relevant.
- Proposal and pitches to the clients.
- Provide input to Product Managers on evolving client and competitor landscape.
Client servicing support
- Put up PSRs / Deal Reviews where applicable.
- Coordinate with SSD deals.
- Document negotiation for new to bank business.
- Active role in credit and compliance approvals on CA deviations for assigned portfolio.
- Grow Utilisation on Trade limits for assigned portfolio.
- On RS details, work with the RSMs on deals.
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. CCIB).
- Working with assigned TTO and PSM for superior client servicing and experience
- Manage all Cash and Trade Sales risks in the assigned Portfolio. Conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement and culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal and external).
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviours (per Culture, Conduct and Behaviours) and FOSAF.
- Proactively engage business and functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients.
- Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
- Country and Regional Heads of Products / Segments
- Country and Regional Heads of Functions including Product, ITO, Legal, Credit, Compliance and CFCC, etc.
Our Ideal CandidateExperience
- Represent SCB and Transaction Banking with all stakeholders including Clients and industry bodies.
- Broad banking experience
- Deep knowledge of TB products
- More than 10 years experience in driving TB business
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Practitioner with Advanced Cash and Trade knowledge.
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
- Strong credit understanding and experience.
- Seen as an industry expert in Cash and Trade.
- Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
- Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client&rsquos needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client&rsquos operational and financial performance.
- Wants to be a trusted advisor positions as the &ldquogo to person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
- Strong credibility with key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, CCIB, ITO, etc.
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem-solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.