The RAM/FAM/Relationship Manager is the advisor/value add partner to the Client, accountable for the overall client revenues, profitability and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit). The RAM/FAM/Relationship Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining an end to end understanding of the client structure and client needs and steering the client relationship through Account Planning
- Work with GAM/Team Head on the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
- Actively involve in new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
- Anticipate clients needs and provide advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance, Risk, etc.
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the IC team
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with IC/CIB standards ie Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate teams
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group&rsquos arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for delivering &lsquoeffective governance capability to challenge fellow executives effectively and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- To achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Point of contact with clients, acting as a trusted advisor to the stakeholders
- Peers in the International Corporate sector
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in China/CCIB/IC East,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Multiple functions (double hats)
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 5+ years experience in banking or other relevant environment
About Standard Chartered
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website