- Support line manager to ensure implementation of Compliance framework for data management and set up related policies and standards.
- Manage data management compliance risk.
- Accountable for local data management related items, especially the requirements per DSL and PIPL, the Measures on the Security Assessment of Cross-Border Data Transfer, etc., incl. gap analysis, data quality, etc.
- Assist line manager to implement the vision, strategy, and direction for China, consistent with the vision and strategy for CFCC and in support of the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure that data management in China are in line with regulatory expectations and Group requirements.
- Assist line manager to promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards to high ethical standards within the Bank and embed a Here for good culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Assist line manager to drive compliance with bank&rsquos Data Management Policy/Standards and relevant China Laws & Regulations, as well as to implement China data strategy.
- Be responsible to align Data Architecture Management with country and group functions, follow group Data Security Management.
- Assist line manage to adopt and maintain Group policy & standards related to data management, incl. driving group privacy standards, records management, data sovereignty and AI Ethics, and support country implementation
- Assist line manager to organize dedicated data management and related committee
- Assist line manager to review and challenge 1 LOD related to data management risk assessment for functions
- Assist line manager to escalate of Country issues to the relevant committees and risk forums
- Follow appropriate processes for escalation and resolution where losses or issues occur, in relation to risks owned by CFCC
- Assist line manager to implement group initiatives set out in Enterprise Risk Management Framework and when roll out in China.
- Support and coordinate data management activities across different teams within CFCC.
- Work closely with business/functions to improve Data Management quality basing on their self-assessment and country/ group's DGF further advice.
- Co-work with regulation dissemination team to handle data management related regulations from end to end through proactive coordination with potential SMEs, return owners and data domain owners to identify proper data owners etc.
- Support and maintain the localization of Group policies and standards relevant to data management, incl. managing CAs, gap analysis, seek for approval, etc., and conduct related training for all departments.
People and Talent
- Track regulation assignment and implementation status for the regulations assigned to CFCC governance.
- Render timely and proper assistance to action parties during relevant data management processes.
- Coordinate the self-assessment on data management conducted by cross-functions.
- Coordinate internal and external audits, assist line manager to ensure the completion of action plans etc.
- Deliver CFCC advisory to enquiries, interpret regulations and requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Maintain good relationship with local regulators including PBOC, SAFE, CBIRC, etc and keep smooth communications in answering the queries, arranging meeting, preparing related material, etc.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust, and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Develop communications strategies and plans that deliver timely and relevant message to the right stakeholders through appropriate activities and channels
- Apply Group and CFCC policies and processes to manage risks.
- Make recommendations to relevant stakeholders on outcomes of compliance risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. Enterprise Risk Management Framework, Group Risk Assessment, etc).
- Proactively identify compliance risks and ensure that are managed and escalated appropriately and timely through appropriate governance channels, such as country DGF, etc., and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Ensure artefacts are audit ready at all times and are stored (and appropriately protected / controlled) in the correct document repositories.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Periodic reporting and timely escalation of significant risks and issues arising from CFCC data management monitoring and assurance activities.
- Collate, analyse, and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Ensure that work delivered in their area of responsibillty follows prescribed workflows and meets quality standards within the required attention to detial and within the tiemlines set.
- Ensure compliance with all governance frameworks where there are direct touch points with them or any subsequent downstream influence from country EXCO Team.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- External - Regulators
- Internal 1st LOD Business, Function teams, local and group Data Governance Team, ICS, etc.,
2nd LOD teams and GIA TeamOther Responsibilities
- Assist line manager to manage fraud risk based on needs.
and ABC, support country implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in China Regulatory Compliance team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
About Standard Chartered
- Bachelor&rsquos degree or equivalent required.
- Good knowledge on regulatory requirements, ability to interpret regulatory requirements, identify and assess relevant laws and regulations to provide solutions to stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of banking industry, specially in domains of regulatory reporting/ audit/ Credit/ Product/ Biz Planning/ Ops/ Finance/ system development.
- In-depth knowledge of analysis tools, methodology and best practice. A track record of success in applying structured analysis expertise on assigned projects/ products/ regulatory reporting.
- Pragmatic, quality-focused approach. A proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and challenge appropriately.
- Market Knowledge: awareness and understanding of the wider business in which the organization operates awareness and understanding of technology trends.
- Business Strategy and Model: awareness and understanding of the organization business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Risk Management and Control: proven ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the organization and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- End to end project lifecycle knowledge and experience.
- Be adept at using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project and SharePoint. Skill on Big Data Analysis tool is preferred, e.g. Hadoop, Python, SAS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven ability to work independently, solve problems and make balanced judgments / decisions.
- A team player, multi-culturally aware with proven success working with cross-functional project teams under global context
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website